Friday, May 6, 2011

Frumpy to Fabulouso in 3.87 Minutes

Ever wonder how to make your curtains go from frumpy to fabulouso in under 5 minutes?  Yeah, I didn't either.  UNITL!  I saw curtain clips at Target for about $5.00.  Now, I have them in the living room and master bedroom.  They allow the curtains to slide a lot easier and make this nice "clink clink clinky" noise too. :)  I would have a verrrrrry exciting bathroom post to write about and share with you....but I forgot my camera at work on Wednesday night.  But that's coming verrrry soon!

Anyway, here are some before and afters, since I'm hoping you can figure out how to use curtain clips (Also, please try to ignore the ugly, yet very comfortable couch).  And in case you're wondering why there are thinker seams in the middle of the panels, it's because we had buy 4 panels to cover our giant front window, instead of the normal two.

Before Closed:


Before Open:

{hahaha Suzie is such a good model...aka picture bombardment whore}

Before Up Close and Personal:


After Closed:


After Open:


After Artsy Shot:


And in case you're curious how the bottom looks.... (I by the way looove when curtains puddle a bit on the bottom....even with cat hair tumbleweeds throughout the house.  I think it makes a room look for casual and not so "in line" or perfect...not that my house would ever be considered perfect.)


Here's a wider shot....I didn't realize you could have already seen the clips in this post:


So, nothing too exciting at all, but it will add an inch or so to your curtains...which I usually need since I always hang curtain rods a tad too high.  Oh!  And since company is coming tomorrow for a girl's weekend (whoop!!!) the house should be good and clean, so I'll try and snap some pictures of the rooms you haven't seen yet. 

And in case you were wondering....the girl's weekend is for my bff, Miss Courtney's birthday:


She's going to be so pleased I put that on here... Happy Birthday Buddy!!! :)

~S~

2 comments:

Amysita said...

Is that a new rug? I LOVE it! :)

Unknown said...

The clips do add another dimension to a mundane thing such as curtains. Good work!