Saturday, March 26, 2011

Does the rug match the drapes?

Bahaha...ok slightly inappropriate.  But I had to share some exciting news!!!

Soooo, I have been wanting a giant 8x10 rug for our living room since about day one in the house.  We started off with a cream colored 5x7 shag rug that was soft and luxurious...but a baby Suzie decided that it was better for digging holes (literally) in than for relaxing on.  She actually dug about 4-5 silver dollar sized holes all over the rug and would rip the rug fibers out of the backing.  I'm pretty sure she teething or something.  So, needless to say, it looked awesome for about 4 days and went downhill from there.  After that, a resident from my work (I manage a apartment complex) left behind another 5x7 rug, only this time it was a cheap Berber, but I figured, hey it's a free rug.  So we cleaned it and slapped it down in the living room.  And left it there even though it looked awful/a little weird.  Since we have two crazy puppies and one crabby cat that love to chase one another around the living room (on the hardwood floors), an 8x10 rug would be a much better suited rug size for our living room.  This is what it looked like as of 6:00pm tonight with the hand me down rug:

 
 See?  Way too small of a rug for the size of the living room....BUT!......Check out the fabulousness that Mr. Sexy Pants (aka Matthew) picked out at Home Depot today!


Do you love it?!  You know, I don't really care if you do....BECAUSE I DO!  I am so in love with this rug I seriously started taking pictures and shrieking about loving it before it was even all the way unrolled.  And how ridiculously amazing is Matt?  We were a little hesitant about the flowery design, but took a risk....and am soooo happy we did since the design isn't anywhere near as flowery as we thought it would be.  (ps....please try to block out the ugly old couch...I know I am)  Here are couple more almost identical pictures for your (and my!!!) enjoyment:

{The puppies are in looove with the couch being in front of the window}



{Ty Cobb was flying through the air as this as taken...he's such a ham:)  }

I started searching Craigslist for a round (not circle....I keep calling it a circle table) coffee table, but didn't have any much luck.  I want a mini pedestal table, so it's not too bulky, especially since our couches are on the large size.  But I shall persevere...I have an exact picture in my head and am convinced I will find it....and then paint it :)

For now the old rug will go in to the guest room.  And we will get to enjoy this new sexy number everyday in the living room :)

And just a heads up....this was quite the day for projects around the house....5 blog posts will come of the going ons of today! (the first being this one).

Here is another picture for your enjoyment....this is what Matt has the pleasure/luck/curse to look forward to waking up with for the rest of his life....


Mental note to self....always take a quick look in the mirror first thing in the morning so you don't end up walking the dogs with a crazy-ass pony tail. : /  (And face...)

And just so I don't leave you on a terrified/scary/I'm-never-coming-back-here-again note....some cute puppies waiting for their post walk treat :)


Seriously, try not to love them, I dare you. :)

~S~

No comments: