Saturday, October 8, 2011

The only reason I hate Fall

First off, one of the main reasons I love Fall....the gorgeous changing leaves on the trees.  Seriously, that is one major thing I would miss sososo much if I ever moved away from the Midwest (besides I guess my family and friends).  Here's a couple pictures I snapped of the giant tree in our backyard on Thursday morning.







Here's Casa de Kendall looking rather Casa de Carrot Top


Notice anything else amazing above???  The tree bush is gone!  Matt and our neighbor took a chainsaw to that mo-fo a couple weeks ago...and we have not missed it's scraggley butt for one second since.   Here's a close up on the extent of my fall decorating ( If you know me at all, you would know that I am not much of a seasonal decorator)


Notice anything else amazing in the above two pictures?  We're putting in a stone retaining wall!  Stay tuned!

Those mums started off a nice deep red color...but then I sort of forgot to water them...like not even once since I bought them weeks ago (I did water them after this picture though).  We've always hated our front door, mainly because it looks like a side door, or a door that would lead into the garage, not the main door of your house.  We've thrown around the idea of purchasing a new one, with a higher up window for more privacy, but I think for the time being we're going to paint this one (weird, I know) and maybe do something to the glass for more privacy...possibly foggy a stencil design?  As far as paint goes, I am in love with all doors yellow, but alas a bright yellow door would clash pretty badly with our red shingles, so I'm thinking of a deep burgundy, like the house numbers.

Another reason I love fall?  Cute puppies playing in the leaves.






Oh, and just in case you're wondering the answer to what I hate most about Fall?  Well, all those beautiful leaves have to go somewhere, don't they.


That's only about half of them too, the apple tree is still full and green.  Here's our neighbor's yard for a comparison.



Seriously, not fair.  Our's again:


Raking is one nasty annoying job, but someone's got to it...And that someone's name is Matthew.

Oh, and you should stop by my good buddy Moe's blog too TheParkland Project (She's also fixing up here house and blogging about it).  Happy Fall!

~S~




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out Mrs. Steph!