Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spray it, don't say it

This is what our kitchen sink sprayer looked like....




Ummm, gross, no?  It actually has better water pressure than the kitchen faucet and with the water turned on all the way, it sprays all over the kitchen.  But, it's very ugly.  So, I picked up this shiny new little number at Home Depot a couple weekends ago...for only $6.79 too.



Looking at the instructions (only 3 steps!) I figured, nice.  This will be an easy 3 minute project.  Yeah, not so much.



Getting the old spraying disconnected from the hose was as simple is twisting the top from the bottom.



Then I had to pull this little "C" shaped piece of metal off of the white plastic part, so the black connecter pice could be slipped off.  This was about a 5 on a 1-10 annoying ratio.  It was on there really tight, but with using a needle nosed pliers, it came off after a couple pulls. (By the way...I am very easily annoyed).

Once the "C" was off, the black piece slipped right off.   The next step was to put the silver piece (identical to the black piece I just pulled off) over the hose, then put the "C" back into place....well the first time I did this I did it in the wrong order, so the silver piece wouldn't fit on, with the "C" already on.  I actually had to call Matt up to get the "C" back onto the hose...he wasn't too happy with me when I realized he had to take it right off and and put it back on again......And then I had him put it on in the wrong spot.....so he had to take it off and put it back on again, again. ( I think he was about a 57 at this point).



BUT, as soon as everything was in its correct place, I just had to twist the new sprayer onto the hose...and spray!  I practiced with it for a couple minutes, just to test it out.  What do you think?



Sick....I should have wiped down the sink ledge before taking this picture : /  But look at that sprayer sparkle!  Here's the group shot.

{I lost the silver cover that went over the big water spout piece...How do you loose that?}

~S~

No comments: