Sunday, December 4, 2011

A fabulous-o Christmas wreath!

 Now, I am not a crafty person.  I don't really like crafty things or scrap booking, but I thought I could handle making a wreath. So, while at Michael's one night, I found some amazing items on sale, one of which was a plain wreath for $4.49.  I walked around the store looking for things I could use to decorate it and randomly picked up a few things.  I didn't really have a plan besides the colors I wanted to use....Otherwise I just winged it.  Here are the items I picked out to use:


Items used:
  • One plain wreath ($4.49!)
  • Skinny silver ribbon (2 rolls for about $2.00 each)
  • Wide, but see through Burgundy ribbon ($2.00)
  • Bendy twig/silver sprig rope ($2.49)
  • Burgundy flowers I thought looks Christmasy (I think they were about $3.00 each...and I got 3)
Step 1: Wined think burgundy ribbon around the wreath, while tucking it underneath some of the branches.  I wanted it to be seen, but as a background dancer, not the star.




Step 2: Circlw the twiggy rope around the top of the wreath, while tucking into place.  ( I  just tucked both ends of the twiggy thing into the innards of the wreath, while making sure it was secure by tucking the wreath branches around the twiggy part....so basically lay the twiggy thing on top and secure it in a way that it won't blow away.  Got it?  Good.)


And a close up:



Step 3: Wind skinny silver ribbon around wreath, spacing it between each strip of burgundy ribbon.





Step 4: Tuck Christmasy flowers into the wreath in an artsy-ish kind of way...or at least try to.



Step 5: Be super giddy and way too excited about a homemade wreath that took about 5 mins to make...and force your husband to admire it once it's hung on the front door...while it's raining outside.





What do you think?  Not too shabby for a first crafty try?  I honestly look for it every time I drive up to the house and keep waiting for crowds of people to knock on our door to ask where such a fabulous wreath came from....no seriously.

~S~

No comments: