Sunday, December 4, 2011

Outside Christmas Decor!

I fiiinally decided to do outside Christmas decorating this year.  Though I kept it simple, I love it and it makes me so very happy to come home and see it in all it's Christmasy glory.

Remember when I made the amazing wreath and hung it up outside?  Well that was actually the last step in the outside decorating.  When I bought the wreath ingredients at Michael's, I also found 9 foot bundles of garland on sale for only $2.49 each!  So I bought 6, hoping it would be enough to go around the garage door and front door...and guess what?  For once my impulsiveness did not fail me and it was the exact perfect amount.  So I hung it up and then wrapped some lights around it.  Then threw some on our front mega bush too since there were leftover lights.  Simple as that, really.  Matt watched from inside and then was nice enough to come out and ask me "Aren't you freezing?" once I was almost done.

***Warning....the camera was not happy about taking night time pictures***



I probably should have tried a little harder on the mega bush...oh well.  Here's a close up picture, so you can see it doesn't look quite a ghetto as the above photos make it look.



Here's a daytime photo, so you can enjoy the wreath some more. :)


Next year I promise to try a little harder on mega bush and also do lights around all the windows...I also have my heart set on a giant wreath to hang over the garage, between the two windows.

~S~

No comments: