Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's looking like Christmas in here!

I have a confession to make.  I. FRICKIN. LOVE. CHRISTMAS DECORATING!!!!  For every other holiday I am the Scrooge of decorating.  Even buying pumpkins is too much work most years, but Christmas....Oh how I love thee.  Right around the 1st of November I start bringing up putting up the Christmas tree about ever 5 seconds.  I usually wait until at least the weekend before or of Thanksgiving though, just so I don't look too crazy to the neighborhood.  And since we've had 1 day of 1 inch snow so far this year, it doesn't really look like Christmas outside, so my urges have been a little calmed...a little.

So, Thanksgiving night I climbed into the attic to get out our pre-lit tree...only to be reminded by Matt that I had made him throw it out last year because A) The pre-lit lights had stopped working (though the tree gave us 5 good years) and B) I had wanted to force Matt into being pro real tree this year.  But, since we're leaving for vacation right after New Years, it seemed kind of pointless to get a real tree for the first time when we could only enjoy it for a month.  So I dashed off to Walmart and picked up a new fake-pre-lit tree, which I plan to use for the next few years.  (Real trees also make me nervous with having a crazy tree climbing cat and little boy dog in the house).

And then Sunday after Thanksgiving I forced Matt to hang out with me while I decorated the tree with a psycho perma grin on my face.  I seriously love decorating our Christmas tree every year.  Matt isn't invited to help out, just sit and watch so I can meticulously place all the decorations in place.  Remember I mentioned psycho?  But I love it. :)


Last year I picked up all new ornaments, which are white, silver, and sparkly.  Normally I am not a sparkly person, but for Christmas I make an exception.  Here are a few of the unique ones (sorry for the blurry pics...when not using the flash, our camera is sometimes blurry):

Found at Pottery Barn two years ago.


A gift from Momma Deb the year we got married "Our First Christmas Together 2008"


I always heard it was good luck to have a bird ornament in your tree...


So I got two...This feller is new this year. (From Target)


A pizza ornament I got for Matt last year.


This beast is my favorite...I think because it reminds me of
living in Northern MN when I was younger.


And of course our pickle ornament which was a gift from Matt's parents :)

The rest of our indoor decor is pretty simple.  I always pick up a couple bags of Joann Fabrics cinnamon scented pine cones.  I put a huge bowl of them on our dining room table and also a smaller bowl by the front door.  They really make the house smell holiday-icious.




And here's the other indoor decor we have going on here:

Yeah, we get pretty crazy around here.


Here's the tree again...because I love it so.


Any other crazies that love Christmas sosososososos much?????  I know I can't be the only one.

~S~

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You know I'm CRAZY about Christmas too!!!! We have the same snowflake ornament from Pottery Barn! (We bought it the Christmas before we moved to Canada.) LOVE your tree - so beautiful! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. Miss you loads!

Rebecca said...

You know I'm CRAZY about Christmas too!!! It's only the most wonderful time of year! LOVE your tree - it's beautiful. We have the same snowflake ornament (we got it at Pottery Barn the Christmas before we moved to Canada.) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Miss you loads!